Even though it was expected, getting on the scales and seeing that those numbers haven't changed made me feel pretty discouraged. I've been going so well so far and I knowingly blew my diet. I let myself fall back into my old mindset about food. For almost three months I've been fighting so hard to escape it, that I'm disappointed in myself for giving in.
Despite my disappointment, I'm going to try not to beat myself up. Instead, I need to focus getting back on track. Starting this whole weight loss attempt, I knew there would be days and weeks like this where I would falter. I made a deal with myself that when it happened, big or small, I would pick myself up and keep going. That's what I intend to do.
For clarity's sake, here is what I did wrong this past week and what I need to address for the next:
- Let myself eat for eating sake, and not because of hunger
- Gave in to food cravings, resulting in poor food choices
- Didn't make my usual weekly meal plan and go shopping to stock up for it all at once
- Barely drank water
- Did not get up and moving, even once!
- Forgot why I was doing all of this and how far I've come